- High-efficiency propeller (propeller / bulb diameter ratio)
- Maximum torque available over the entire speed range
- Adjustable immersion of the propeller
- Combined 360° orientation
- Quasi-instantaneous inversion of the direction of rotation of the propeller
- Standard counter-rotating propellers (manoeuvrability and efficiency)
Cost - Performance ratio
- Use of standard large-series components
- Easy maintenance without special tools
- Intervention possible afloat
Installation and design
- Easy integration for the naval architect
- Simplified hull shape and design
- Facilitated integration for the shipyard
- Multi-purpose hydraulic unit
Respect for the environment
- Biodegradable oils
- Sound level in line with standards
- Use of the engine at maximum torque, reducing the power consumed and pollution
- Multi-function ergonomic handler with touch screen, calculator and CAN link
- Possibility of easy-to-use no-electronic mechanical control
THE ADVANTAGES OF HYDRO-ARMOR MARINE PROPULSION
Hydro-Armor marine propulsion initially developed in the fishing industry, and especially with mussel farmers.
The testimonial from Frédéric Berthelot, from the Cap Moules company, underlines the advantages of Hydro-Armor hydraulic thrusters: reliable, robust and able to adapt to difficult navigation conditions, including at low tide.
THE RANGE OF HYDRAULIC THRUSTERS
Marine propulsionfrom 30 to 600 kW
The range of marine thrusters designed and manufactured by Hydro-Armor covers from 30 to 600 kW of power.
The design of these thrusters, with their streamlined silhouette and reduced bulb diameter, makes it possible to optimise the arrival flow of water at the propeller, and increases its efficiency.
Hydro-Armor’s hydraulic propulsion range includes retractable thrusters, tiltable thrusters, pods (well-mounted thrusters) and bow thrusters.
It has different equipment power, and the most popular thrusters are:
Whatever your needs may be in terms of hydraulic marine propulsion, Hydro-Armor is able to provide you with an suitable solution up to 600 kW of power.
Thrusters can be provided with a set of systems and solutions that can be adjusted to match your needs as closely as possible:
control/command system with automation for high precision and substantial manoeuvrability;
or hydraulic control system adapted to operating conditions that need to be robust and easy to use;
built-in power-pack in a container or to be integrated into the structure of the vessel;
All Hydro-Armor marine propulsion equipment can be provided with approval issued by Bureau Veritas.
A HYDRAULIC DESIGN THAT RESPECTS THE ENVIRONMENT
Use of biodegradable oils
For marine propulsion and the other hydraulic solutions, Hydro-Armor makes sure that only certified biodegradable oils are used.
The European Ecolabel on the lubricants guarantees reduced impact in the aquatic environment and the ground during their use, with a reduction in CO2 emissions, a high degree of raw materials that can be recycled and limited use of hazardous substances.