Design and manufacturing in Brittany of marine propulsion equipment for the long term.
Applications and markets
- Aquaculture / Fishing
- Inland waterways
- Coastal shipping
- Retractable thrusters
- Tiltable thrusters
- Bow thrusters
Systems and solutions
- Control and automation
- Marine cranes
- System for amphibious vessels
Hydro Armor’s hydraulic propulsion units combine manoeuvrability and propulsion.
The transmission of each thruster is a hydrostatic drive. The hydraulic drive acts as a torque converter providing unlimited propeller speed control.
The engine runs at constant speed. Depending on the power requested, the engine speed may be adjusted between 1500 and 1800 rpm. Full engine torque is available at any propeller speed. The propeller shaft is directly driven by a hydraulic motor integrated in the pod (the lower foot) of the unit.
The hydrostatic transmission pump is the powerhouse of the hydraulic system. The engine is directly driving the pump. This pump controls the thruster through variable displacement. This means the propeller speed can be accurately controlled anywhere between standstill and maximum, both forward and reverse, without altering engine speed. From full forward to full reverse in a short time.
They feature 180° steering and proportional propeller speed control in forward and reverse, providing omni directional thrust capability
MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS IN MARINE PROPULSION
Aquaculture / Fishing
Hydro-Armor thrusters are highly valued in the field of fishing and in particular for oyster and shellfish vessels, thanks to their adjustable draught.
Multiple applications benefit from Hydro-Armor propulsion: passenger and freight transport, ferryboats, ferries, dredgers and service boats, towboats, etc…
Hydro-Armor propulsion is perfectly suited for inshore vessels: passenger boats, inter-island transport barges, off-shore and wind farm support, etc…
“Hydro-Armor. For the long term.”
YOUR PARTNER FOR THE LONG TERM
Hydro-Armor is an innovative family company that designs, develops, produces and markets hydromechanical engines for maritime applications: marine propulsion and complementary equipment.
Simplicity, robustness, reliability and effectiveness… These are our reference values for our products and our personnel.
MARINE PROPULSION: INTEGRATED DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING
An adapted production tool
- Integrate design office
- Specialised Boilermaking
- Integrated machining capacity
- Set of CNC machine tools
- High-performance assembly workshop
- Test bench
- Adapted After-Sales Service
- Stock of spare parts available
A mature and functional design
- Over 50 years of experience.
- Construction principles: reliability, solidity, simplicity.
- Simple and reduced maintenance.
- Use of standard components for individual solutions.
- Excellent hydrodynamic efficiency with a personalised bulk without reducer with a highly effective bulb/propeller ratio.
Reliable quality products
- The components used are of high quality, from renowned manufacturers. ¹
- Personnel who are responsible and motivated, who are proud of work well done.
- Bureau Veritas type approval for the entire range.
- Long partnership with reliable and highly professional manufacturers.
- All products are tested with a full load.
Sensitive to environmental protection
- Use of biodegradable hydraulic oils.
- Noise: performance in line with European standards and approved by the certification bodies.
- Use of the engine at the optimum torque speed in order to reduce pollution.
- Multi-function hydraulic unit for hoists, lifting equipment, pumps, cylinders, etc.
- Hybrid solutions that can be adapted easily during completion.
Control of difficult environments
- Products that are well suited for operations in shallow water.
- Insensitive to impacts on the propellers and damage thanks to a “hydraulic fuse” and to the hydraulic torque limiter.
- Raising to adapt to the draught.
- Tilting for easy propeller maintenance.
- Maximum engine torque at all speeds and regardless of the vessel load (optimised efficiency over the entire engine range).
Excellent value for money
- Hydro-Armor: the right product at the right price.
- The hydrostatic solution is widely used in many industries (lifting, farming, work vehicles, etc.).
- The hydraulic components, manufactured in large series, are available at reasonable prices.
- The company’s structure is traditionally Lean.
- The reputation of the company and of its products forms its best marketing.
MARINE PROPULSION NEWS
Come and see us at Booth 1223, Hall 1
Testimonial from the Service des Phares et Balises…
Example with the Quéhan from the Seaway company…